- SERVANT LEADERSHIP
Contract Close-Out Specialist
**Are you legally blind and seeking an exciting new career opportunity?”
Lighthouse Works located in Orlando, Florida is seeking a talented, highly-motivated, legally blind candidate to join our team as a full-time Contract Close-Out Specialist. This position is part of a Contract Management Service (CMS) operation.
The Contract Close-Out Specialist will work as part of a team to perform day-to-day operations necessary to prepare federal government contracts to be “closed out”. The principal responsibilities of the position include:
• Complete contract close-out process by following operating procedures and instructions from the CMS Supervisor.
• Contact agencies, manufacturers, and contractors to acquire written payment history through electronic or verbal means. Determine if obligated funds match required payment on the contract, or if there is an opportunity to de-obligate funds.
• Prepare closeout documents for Contracting Officer to review and approve.
• Complete daily and weekly reports to track metrics throughout the close-out procedure
• Perform administrative tasks including the use of MS Office, Access, Excel, Word and other programs in performance of job responsibilities.
Applicants interested in the Contract Close-Out Specialists position should meet the following requirements:
• ** Applicants MUST be legally blind (with some vision) and a U.S. Citizen**
• A four-year degree (B.S. or B.A.) is preferred, but applicants will also be considered with a two-year degree and equivalent on-the-job training and work experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
• Proficiency with screen-magnification software, if needed (for example: ZoomText). This contract is not set up for JAWS user.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
• Must be team oriented, have a strong work ethic and be able to meet deadlines.
• Be able to pass a rigorous background screen required of government contractors for security clearance.
• Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
Interested candidates with the designated qualifications, please respond by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
*(It is the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.)