- SERVANT LEADERSHIP
Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI)
Lighthouse Central Florida has several opportunities for Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) to work in our Youth Services Program.
To apply YOU MUST HAVE the Professional Educator's Certificate or working towards the certification issued by the Department of Education specifying satisfactory completion of all requirements and endorsements for Visually Impaired Grades K-12 and/or Exceptional Student Education Grades K-12.
Lighthouse Central Florida is the only private, non-profit agency offering a comprehensive range of services to people living with sight impairment in the tri-county area (Orange, Seminole & Osceola). Through effective programs, proven curricula, certified instructors and years of personal and professional experience, Lighthouse ensures that individuals of all backgrounds have the tools they need to lead productive, independent lives beyond the restrictions once promised by vision loss. Our Mission Statement is "Charting a course for Living, Learning and Earning with vision loss."
There is a time for everything and if you are looking for the gift of work - life balance, we offer you flexible full time opportunities. We offer a competitive compensation package and leave and time-off benefits (for full time working 30+ hours per week).
Creative, imaginative, empathetic, innovative are encouraged and nurtured at Lighthouse. If you enjoy working with children and you are mission-driven to make the biggest difference in the lives of individuals living with blindness or vision loss, WE WANT YOU!
Lighthouse is focused on five Core Values: Servant Leadership, Inclusion, Collaboration, Empowerment and Excellence. If you share these values and you are a Certified Professional (stated above), looking for work-life balance enjoying flexible work hours - look no further - you have found a home at Lighthouse Central Florida.
Some of the job requirements are and not limited to:
- • Participate in the case management process including response to inquiries regarding services, coordination with referral sources, and completion of required documentation of request for service and eligibility determination
- • Conduct developmental assessments and functional vision evaluations to establish, in consultation with parent(s) or guardian, an Individual Service Plan (ISP) including immediate and long term goals and includes intake, assessment, and instruction based on established individual goals and professional standards
- • May provide home, community and center-based instruction as appropriate to the needs of the child with primary focus on the child’s natural environment
- • Will be required to work one Saturday a month.
- • Collaborate with other community agencies as a member of the child’s and family’s IFSP team as well as if required, collaborate with local school districts as a member of the child’s IEP team
- • Must complete required service records/reports to document child’s progress, including assessments, goals, daily and monthly progress reports, and data entry
- • Coordinate the implementation of service plans and curricula with other members of the team
Interested candidates with the designated certification, please apply by sending your resume with work experience and respond to the additional questions following application. We will consider candidates working towards the TVI certification. We will consider relocation to the Central Florida area.
*It is the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Lighthouse Central Florida to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.